Sunday, August 27, 2006

Remembering Why

I had the opportunity to photography my first baby for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. Baby L was born very premature and had a difficult delivery. As a result, he had grave internal damage and lived a little more than two weeks before passing.

The family was the most amazing family I have ever worked with. They radiated with a strength and love that is transcends the most tragic of circumstances. As I worked with the family, trying to preserve precious moments and feelings, I was truly humbled. I photograph to freeze moments in time. Moments can be smiles or frowns, laughter or tears, sheepish grins or thoughtful stares. Life is complex and detailed; it is not one dimensional. Even in the most trying of moments, there are moments to remember and preserve with love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home